Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The 18 Days of Blogging Hiatus

Not one to make excuses (because I subscribe to the theory that Excuses are like steamy turds...everybody can make one), I generally believe that one has to admit when they screw up, apologize when one is warranted, and move on.  That said, I feel that I must submit the following by way of excuse, in poem form.  Please forgive my horrific rhythmic sensibility.  Oh, and you have to discount all qualifying statements in parentheses.  They do not rhyme.  Ever.

The 18 Days of Blogging Hiatus

On the First Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me a bad case of T.B. (or some other equally rare, nearly extinguished wasting disease marked primarily by a hacking cough and an inability to breathe deeply...lasting seemingly for all eternity)

On the Second Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me two girls on spring break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Third Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Three Visitors who wanted to sight-see (I actually enjoy this part...as I love visitors, but it throws me off my game), Two girls on spring break and a bad case of T.B.

On the Fourth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave mto me Four Trips to Stanley (market, that is...for souvenirs, gifts and general tourist-ing), Three visitors, Two girls on spring break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Fifth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair (for Miss Breck Hair, which almost makes it worth it...but seriously...that's most of an entire DAY), Four Trips to Stanley, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Sixth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Six Daisy Scouts (to prepare for a Flag ceremony...none of whom are familiar with the Pledge of Allegiance.  Don't raise your eyebrows.  None of them have gone to school in the USA, and some aren't even American), Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanley, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Seventh Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Seven Days of Delay (on the closing of our new house), Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanley, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break and a bad case of T.B.

On the Eighth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Eight Boot Camp Workouts, Seven Days of Delay, Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanely, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break and a bad case of T.B.

On the Ninth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Nine late-night wakings (by Trouble...in case anybody has been sleeping through my last dozen posts), Eight Boot Camp Workouts, Seven Days of Delay, Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanely, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Tenth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Ten Piles of Bills (to be paid, filed and or dealt with), Nine late-night wakings, Eight Boot Camp Workouts, Seven Days of Delay, Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanley, Three Visitors, Two Girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Eleventh Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Eleven Playdates (to be managed, taxi-ed organized and or led), Ten Piles of Bills, Nine late night wakings, Eight Boot Camp Workouts, Seven Days of Delay, Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanely, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Twelfth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Twelve Birthday Party Projects (invitations: addressing, mailing; decorations: designing, painting, purchasing; favor bags: envisioning, procuring, assembling; food: ordering, picking up, arranging delivery;  activity: paying for somebody else to do it), Eleven Playdates, Ten Piles of Bills, Nine late night wakings, Eight Boot Camp Workouts, Seven Days of Delay, Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanely, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Thirteenth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Thirteen Home Improvement Projects (not complaining...having a new home is AWESOME, but it's a lot to try to stay on top of from a distance...MTD you are a lifesaver and we can never repay you for your help), Twelve Birthday Party Projects, Eleven Playdates, Ten Piles of Bills, Nine late night wakings, Eight Boot Camp Workouts, Seven Days of Delay, Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanely, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Fourteenth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Fourteen Choices of Itinerary (of things to do on our Australia Vacation...again, not a complaint...but it has to be worked out!!!), Thirteen Home Improvement Projects, Twelve Birthday Party Projects, Eleven Playdates, Ten Piles of Bills, Nine late night wakings, Eight Boot Camp Workouts, Seven Days of Delay, Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanely, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Fifteenth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Fifteen First Grade Girls (coming to Drama's Birthday Party this Saturday), Fourteen Choices of Itinerary, Thirteen Home Improvement Projects, Twelve Birthday Party Projects, Eleven Playdates, Ten Piles of Bills, Nine late night wakings, Eight Boot Camp Workouts, Seven Days of Delay, Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanely, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Sixteenth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Sixteen Government Forms (to be filled out for the export/import/adoption of our new puppy), Fifteen First Grade Girls, Fourteen Choices of Itinerary, Thirteen Home Improvement Projects, Twelve Birthday Party Projects, Eleven Playdates, Ten Piles of Bills, Nine late night wakings, Eight Boot Camp Workouts, Seven Days of Delay, Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanely, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Seventeenth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Seventeen Numbers (to dial internationally...for managing house closing issues, home improvement projects, travel itinerary questions, dog export issues and all other international calls that have to be made...frankly it's just annoying. Everybody should be on Skype.  Oh.  And Skype should function better), Sixteen Government Forms, Fifteen First Grade Girls, Fourteen Choices of Itinerary, Thirteen Home Improvement Projects, Twelve Birthday Party Projects, Eleven Playdates, Ten Piles of Bills, Nine late night wakings, Eight Boot Camp Workouts, Seven Days of Delay, Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanely, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

On the Eighteenth Day of Blogging Hiatus my Bad Karma gave to me Eighteen different kinds of insecurity (I'm not that funny...I shouldn't be writing at all...it's not like anybody is reading it anyway...I write like I talk...Blogger is annoying...blogging is kind of self-important...am I talking to myself...I'm totally scatterbrained...The Husband hates this...Maybe I should just bail...I'm not a trained writer...I make painful grammatical and spelling errors...are people laughing at me...do people just say they think it's funny...are they laughing AT me or WITH me...what's the difference, it's just semantics...this is a little bit embarrassing....Sweet Baby Jesus, I am talking to myself), Seventeen Numbers to Dial, Sixteen Government Forms, Fifteen First Grade Girls, Fourteen Choices of Itinerary, Thirteen Home Improvement Projects, Twelve Birthday Party Projects, Eleven Playdates, Ten Piles of Bills, Nine late night wakings, Eight Boot Camp Workouts, Seven Days of Delay, Six Daisy Scouts, Five Hours in the Stylist's Chair, Four Trips to Stanely, Three Visitors, Two girls on Spring Break, and a bad case of T.B.

1 comment:

  1. I read it and...thank you for the shout out....keep writing.... everyone should write like they talk....we would all understand the written word better if more people did this. XXXX

    ReplyDelete